Through regional quality group meetings, participants share and analyze collected data to initiate quality improvement projects to reduce complications, readmissions, and length of stay. Quality improvements projects can translate directly to hospital cost reduction. With continued expansion of the VQI and regional quality groups, data will more rapidly accumulate and can be leveraged for benchmarking and quality improvement initiatives
Benefits of regional quality group participation include:
- Anonymous, benchmarked reports for comparison
- Increasing power and ability to detect root causes of outcomes
- Facilitating & initiating quality improvement projects
- Access to blinded datasets for data analysis at regional and national level
- Improving long-term patient surveillance
Click here for a selection of regional projects for ongoing quality improvement and cost reduction. Abstracts and posters for center-specific projects can be viewed by members in the Members Only National section.