Carotid Artery Stenting
The Carotid Artery Stent (CAS) Registry features streamlined data entry and aligns with the Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) Registry. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will provide reimbursement for TCAR procedures performed on medical high-risk symptomatic or asymptomatic patients, if those procedures are entered in the VQI’s CAS Registry.
The TCAR Surveillance Project (TSP) is designed to obtain more data about real-world outcomes of TCAR procedures in comparison with CEA as performed by centers participating in the VQI.
key features of the CAS REgistry
- Separate TIA and Stroke checkbox fields vs. using ipsilateral/contralateral and ocular/cortical
- Product number field will start suggesting all matching product numbers across manufacturers, and narrow down the search as more characters/numbers are entered
- Auto-population between product number and device once either one of the two is entered
- Advanced dependencies to enable faster data entry
- Form tab indicators to help users easily identify which tabs are missing data
- Enhanced procedure and follow-up data download
- Report with both numeric format and text-based format
REgistry data fields