SVS VQI’s 14 registries contain demographic, clinical, procedural and outcomes data from over one million vascular procedures performed nationwide, in Canada, and Singapore. Each record includes information from the patient’s initial hospitalization and at one-year follow-up.
Benefits of Participation
Improving Patient Care
benefits of participation
Hospitals and physicians rely on SVS VQI data for risk stratification, outcomes analysis, quality improvement, clinical best practice development, comparative effectiveness research, and resource utilization reduction.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits:
- Adopt best practices through SVS VQI data analysis
- Improve care through quality initiatives and charters
- Enhance patient selection using SVS VQI risk assessment calculators
- Gain the ability to participate in clinical trials
- Improve care through support and facilitation of quality initiatives and projects
- Identify meaningful benchmarks for QA and QI efforts
- Reduce expenses by addressing resource utilization, length of stay, and minimizing complications
Focus on improving patient care
Vascular patients typically require treatment and monitoring on an ongoing basis, sometimes for decades. Long-term relationships with patients are necessary because vascular disease relates to long-term conditions which may involve co-morbidities and complications. Vascular conditions can be the result of, or are exacerbated by, other conditions such as diabetes, obesity, smoking and coronary artery disease.
These factors drive the importance of:
- Long term follow-up, in some cases with periodic imaging
- Use of discharge medications, unless contra-indicated
- Consideration of both surgical and medical treatments for vascular health
- The value of an on-going relationship with a vascular specialist to identify risk factors
Carotid Artery Stenting
Open AAA Repair
Endovascular AAA Repair
TEVAR and Complex EVAR
Lower Extremity Amputation
Peripheral Vascular Intervention
Inferior Vena Cava Filter
Vascular Medicine Registry
Venous Stent Registry
RELATED RESOURCES, NEWS & EVENTS
Get the latest news and announcements from VQI.