Don't have an account? Contact us to join the VQI.
IN THIS SECTION
Inferior Vena Cava Filter
In 2013, the IVC Filter Registry became the first venous module added to the Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI), expanding the VQI to become a comprehensive arterial and venous registry. The IVC Filter Retrieval Report is a critical feature to provide periodic email notifications to physicians and staff regarding filter procedures current or overdue for retrieval. This feature allows physicians and data managers to effectively and efficiently identify and track IVC Filter procedures which require filter removal.
Key features of the ivc filter retrieval report
- Physicians and Data Managers can enable/disable automated email notifications and customize notification frequency.
- A physician can track individual procedures that require filter removal.
- A hospital manager can use the report at a high level to track all procedures requiring filter removal at their centers.
- Users may utilize saved versions of the report to track retrieval intervals for individual device manufacturers.
- Users may apply conditional highlighting to the report to set visual identifiers against days since procedure. Users can set these visual indicators to view procedures that are approaching or are overdue for retrieval.
benefits to physicians
- Track individual procedures that require filter removal
- Analyze management practices and follow-up data
- Benchmark processes in medical treatment and outcomes regionally and nationally
- Participate in regional quality improvement groups
- Improve outcomes by developing best practices
- Help meet board certification
- Improve your practice’s comparative effectiveness of operative and non-operative treatments when also tracking in matching procedural VQI registries
case study – Improving IVC Placement and RETRIEVAL with a cloud-based tracking platform
Click here to read about how WVU improved IVC placement and retrieval
REGISTRY DATA FIELDS