Fall Regional Report Deadlines:
* Procedure date cut off May 31st
* Data entry cut off June 30th
* The 2019 Fall report for LTFU will cover July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. Entered into VQI as of June 30, 2019.
Spring Regional Report Deadlines:
* Procedure date cut off December 31st
* Data entry cut off January 31st
* The 2020 Spring report for LTFU will cover January 1 – December 31, 2017 and entered as of January 31, 2019. Remember – It’s never too late to enter LTFU – even for cases outside of 21 months.
Types of Reports
The VQI has developed reports on outcomes which allow sites to identify areas for improvement, quality research and QI projects. These reports are delivered to members via PATHWAYS Share-A-File.
- Sample Semi-Annual Regional Report
- Sample Semi-Annual Regional Dashboard
- Sample QI National Initiative Dashboard
- Sample Center Opportunity Profile for Improvement Report (EVAR)
Semi-Annual Regional Reports
The SVS PSO’s regional reports are the cornerstone of the VQI’s spring and fall regional quality group meetings. These reports show centers where they stand in comparison to other centers in their region and to all centers in the VQI on these 18 key measures:
- Multiple registries: Completion of 1-year follow-up
- Multiple registries: Prescription of antiplatelet+statin at discharge
- Hemodialysis access: Percentage of primary AVF vs. graft
- CEA: Stroke or death in hospital
- CEA: Percentage of patients with LOS>1 day
- EVAR: Rate of sac diameter reporting at 1-year follow-up
- EVAR: Percentage of patients with LOS>2 days
- INFRA: Rate of major complications
- IVCF: Percentage of temporary filters with retrieval or attempt at retrieval
- LEAMP: Rate of postop complications
- OAAA: In-hospital mortality
- PVI: Percentage of claudicants with ABI or toe pressure reported before procedure
- SUPRA: Rate of major complications
- TEVAR: Rate of sac diameter reporting at 1-year follow-up
- EVAR: Percentage of elective patients meeting SVS AAA diameter guideline
- EVAR: Percentage of procedures meeting SVS internal iliac inflow guideline
- OAAA: Percentage of procedures meeting SVS cell-saver guideline
- OAAA: Percentage of procedures meeting SVS internal iliac guideline
For each of these outcomes, the report provides information on the center’s performance during the previous year and across the past 4 years, and compares those rates with the rates of other centers in the region and all centers in the VQI.
Quarterly Center-Level Registry Dashboards
The registry dashboards provide each center with its rate on more than 200 outcomes and process measures across 11 VQI registries, and compares that rate with regional and national benchmarks. Color-coding is provided to make it easy for center staff to whether they are in the top 25% of all centers (green), the middle 50% (yellow), or the bottom 25% (red). The outcomes reported in the dashboards were chosen by the governing committees for each registry.
Quarterly QI Initiative Updates
Each year, the SVS PSO, in consultation with the Arterial Quality Council, selects VQI-wide quality improvement initiatives. The goals of these initiatives are publicized to all member centers, and discussed at spring and fall regional quality meetings. Current measures are prescription of antiplatelet and statin at discharge after all vascular procedures, and reporting of sac diameters at 1-year follow-up after EVAR. Performance updates on the QI initiatives are delivered quarterly to each center, and show that center its progress to date on these initiatives along with regional and national benchmarks.
Center Opportunity Profile for Improvement (COPI) Reports
COPI reports use advanced statistical methods to explore a single key outcome measure in an effort to show staff at each center how they might improve their performance on that measure. A multivariable model is used to determine patient and procedure factors that significantly increase risk of adverse outcomes. The report shows each center which of those factors are prominent in their patient populations and processes so that specific, targeted action might be taken. COPI reports are not produced according to a regular schedule. Instead, they originate in response to current concerns raised in meetings of the registry committees. Recent topics include:
- Stroke within 30 days or death within 1 year after CAS
- LOS>1 day after elective CEA
- LOS>2 days after elective EVAR
- LOS>7 days after INFRA
- Any hematoma after PVI