The QI Community
The SVS PSO encourages centers to submit quality improvement charters on projects using SVS VQI data. This process has helped the SVS PSO identify groups working on similar initiatives and facilitate networking opportunities. All members are encouraged to participate in focused group calls whether or not they have a charter. As the projects reach completion, the SVS PSO will aggregate data and share best practices with the full VQI membership.
The SVS PSO also provides resources to assist SVS VQI centers with their QI projects:
- QI Project Guide and National Initiative Supplement: These booklets provide the foundation and step-by-step guidance to begin and complete a QI project. The QI Project Guide is designed to assist centers that are just beginning a QI project but may be useful at any stage of the QI process. Subsequently, the SVS PSO created a National Initiative Supplement which focused on the progress with the two national QI priorities: Optimal Discharge Medications for Vascular Patients and Endovascular AAA Long-Term Follow-Up with Imaging. (Available on Members Only portal)
- The “Members Only” area of the SVS VQI website (link to Members Only portal) offers access to national QI materials, including presentations and videos, as well as a QI discussion forum to encourage interaction among centers.
- National and regional meetings and quarterly calls help VQI data managers share best practices and QI project ideas. Find your region to see details.
The SVS PSO, together with Fivos, develops quality improvement (QI) tools to assist SVS VQI members and other vascular specialists, quality improvement staff and hospital administrators with their own vascular quality programs. Some of these tools are available to the SVS VQI Members Only portal, but other materials will be available here under Resources.
These tools include:
- SVS VQI Annual Meeting (presentations and videos available for attendees only)
- QI Project Guide (for SVS VQI members only)
- Case studies