SVS VQI centers work on quality improvement projects which are selected for presentation at the VQI Annual Meeting in June. These projects often related to the National QI Initiatives of Discharge Medications or Endovascular AAA Long Term Follow-Up Imaging, but can address any vascular topic supported by VQI data.
Here are the projects presented at the SVS VQI Annual Meeting in 2021:
- VQI Summary Report Tool in EPIC (Baylor Scott & White Health System)
- Catholic Health System – Implementation of providing patients with surgical site care instructions and supply kits on day of discharge to decrease surgical site infections.
- Froedtert Hospital – Performance Improvement Project to Increase Antiplatelet and Statin Medications Prescribed at Discharge
- University of Washington Regional Vascular Center at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA – Best Practices for Complex Endovascular Procedures
- Leveraging technologies to improve VQI Long term follow up compliance and data documentation: a centralized metadata approach. (Indiana University Health)
- Stanford – Sustaining High Performance in Long Term Follow Up Care
- AAA Size Appropriateness Quality Project – The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- UC Davis – Quality Improvement Project on the prescription of anti-platelet and statin upon discharge
- Multi-center implementation of the Clinical Frailty Scale within the vascular surgery clinic workflow for VQI hashtag data collection – University of Utah
- EVAR Long-Term Follow-Up at UW Medicine
- University of Alabama in Birmingham (UAB, Birmingham, AL) – Implementation of a Long Term Follow Performance Improvement Project for the TEVAR and Complex EVAR Module
- University of Rochester – VQI Checklist in the EMR: Impact on Statin and Antiplatelet Prescriptions at Discharge
- Utilizing Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI) data to assess for fluctuations in placement of inferior vena cava filters (IVCFs) during the COVID-19 pandemic
If you would like to learn more about the QI program, please contact Betsy Wymer (email@example.com), SVS PSO Quality Director, or (if you are a SVS VQI member) go to the Members’ Only section of the website where you can view all the project posters and abstracts.