Join your Canadian Vascular Quality Initiative peers in the VQI
We are a group of hospitals and vascular specialists in Canada who have committed to collecting, sharing, and analyzing data related to vascular interventions and outcomes.
Our goal is to improve outcomes for our patients and to explore the factors that predict the best outcomes. We take advantage of the rapidly accumulating data that come from collaboration with other interested groups.
The Vascular Study Group of New England, and more recently other Regional Quality Groups, have shown us how much can be accomplished with such a regional collaboration.
If you perform vascular surgery or other vascular interventions and work in Canada, we would be delighted to talk with you about joining the CVQI.
I would be happy to hear from you by email at email@example.com
Graham Roche-Nagle, MD
Toronto General Hospital
Canadian Vascular Quality Initiative
Our Canadian Vascular Quality Initiative is a voluntary, cooperative group of clinicians, hospital administrators, and research personnel organized to improve the care of patients with vascular disease.
By collecting and exchanging information, our group strives to continuously improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and cost of caring for patients with vascular disease.
Join us in our efforts, and together we can reach these levels of quality for the care of our patients.
Getting started is simple
You are five minutes away from the first step in participation. The below information will show you how you can get started without any large investments.
- Start with only one procedure
- Start with only one physician
- Spread out data entry tasks to reduce workflow impact
- Enjoy the benefits of participation in Regional Quality Groups
Choose your procedures
The best practices we recommend are to start collecting data for one or two procedure types, and for a limited number of physicians.
- Lower up front cost
- Provides a gradual approach to training
- Allows you to refine your workflow at an easier pace
- Your colleagues and staff will be much better prepared after getting used to the data entry process with a lower procedure volume.
Once your workflow is refined and everyone is familiar with the system, you can add your other procedure types and physicians as desired.
Attend a webinar
You can learn a lot about participation in the VQI from this website, but attending a webinar is highly recommended.
- See a live demo of the VQI cloud-based registry
- Ask questions at any time specific to your organization
- Learn about the final steps involved in participation
- Get resources to help you present the VQI in your organization
Webinars are held regularly. You can also request a private demonstration webinar, which can be great resource to bring to a meeting, or for a one-on-one session.
Identify your workflow
A best practice for creating a workflow for entering procedure data into the VQI is to spread the tasks out among the various points of patient care.
- Requires the least amount of time
- Provides the greatest accuracy
We can recommend other workflows which may fit well into your organization’s existing processes.
Attending one of our webinars is a great way to learn more about all of these workflow options, and more.
Take the first steps
Complete these steps to receive your Getting Started Package