SVS VQI Collaboration
The mission of SVS VQI is to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and cost of vascular healthcare.
The Society for Vascular Surgery Vascular Quality Initiative® (VQI®) is a collaboration of the Society for Vascular Surgery Patient Safety Organization (SVS PSO), 18 regional quality improvement groups organized under the SVS PSO, and Fivos, its commercial technology partner.
- Other partners include the American Venous Forum (AVF), the Society for Vascular Medicine (SVM), Vascular Access Society of America (VASA) and the Society of Vascular Ultrasound (SVU), along with an additional 16 endorsing societies .
- The SVS PSO is an LLC of the Society for Vascular Surgery, with headquarters in Chicago. The SVS PSO governs all functions of VQI, including the specification of data elements captured in each registry, the types of standard reports made available to regional groups, member hospitals and physicians, and national quality improvement projects sponsored by VQI.
- The SVS PSO is also supported by 170 physician volunteers who dedicate their time and effort in support of the VQI mission. These physicians provide governance, clinical support to all the registries and data analyses and ad-hoc support in areas such as industry partnerships and communications.
- Each center and region have lead physicians and regional medical directors to provide guidance, identify best practices and develop regional initiatives.
- The SVS PSO is funded by annual registry subscription fees from participating hospitals or physician groups, and additional contributions for VQI projects are provided by corporate supporters.