Mentors For Quality FIT Program
The SVS PSO Quality Fellowship in Training (FIT) program is for residents and fellows in vascular surgery and medicine in collaboration with APDVS. This program is open to interested residents and fellows in General Surgery, both tracks of Vascular Surgery programs, Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Medicine.
The Fellowship in Training (FIT) program is designed to introduce residents and fellows in vascular programs to our patient safety organization (VQI/PSO). Using a mentor-directed approach, FIT applicants will work closely with their VQI mentor on participation in regional biannual meetings and review of comparative data including center level quality improvement processes. Opportunities include engagement in quality charter development, center level QI process and research initiatives using VQI data reviewed by VQI research advisory committee (RAC). Advancement through the 12 to 18 month program provides the FIT applicant opportunity to present their work during VQI@VAM with potential selection for a highly coveted Jack L Cronenwett Scholarship (5 awarded annually) worth up to $10,000 to continue research and/or work more closely with VQI/PSO staff and committees.
FIT Program Mentor Resources
- FIT Trainee Program Curriculum and Overview (NEW 2023)
- Mentor Responsibilities
- Candidate Goals and Objectives
- 2023 VQI Annual Report
- FIT Program Trainee and Mentor Data Use Policy
- Past, Present and Future Jens Vision
- PSO PSES Document
- Why Should I Join VQI?
- Top 10 VQI Pubications (selected by SVS PSO Medical Directors)
- Presentation: How to Submit a Venous RAC Proposal (By Dr. Jaime Benarroch-Gampel)
- Requesting VQI Data – Instructional Video with Dr. Leila Mureebe
- Getting Started Using the VQI for Research with Dr. Leila Mureebe
- Regional RAC Request
- FIT Program Charters 101
- Program Charter (Blank)
- Quality FIT Program Announcement
- Quality FIT Program Slides
- Mentor Survey (please complete if you are interested in becoming a mentor)