SVS PSO Associate Medical Director – Application Deadline 10/31
Title: Associate Medical Director
Reports to: SVS PSO Medical Director
Status: Part-Time, With a modest honorary associated with this position and the potential to advance into the role of SVS PSO Medical Director
The Society of Vascular Surgery Patient Safety Organization (SVS PSO) Associate Medical Director will be responsible for assisting the SVS PSO Medical Director and SVS PSO staff, with guidance and oversight of its clinical operations. There will be a specific emphasis placed on attaining a deep understanding of the construct of the variables in each SVS VQI registry and then assisting with the development and maintenance of the registries and associated reporting and analytics.
The SVS PSO Associate Medical Director will be nominated by the SVS PSO Executive Committee and approved by the SVS and the SVS Executive Board. The Associate Medical Director will serve a one-year term, with the opportunity to serve two additional one-year terms. There is a modest honorary associated with this position and the potential to advance into the role of SVS PSO Medical Director.
What you bring to the job
- Must be an Active member of the SVS, in good standing.
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the SVS VQI, having been actively involved at a participating VQI center.
- The candidate should have been active in using VQI data for Quality Improvement projects and/or research and have been an active participant in their regional quality group for more than 3 years.
- It would be beneficial if the candidate has experience with entering cases into a majority of the VQI registries.
- The candidate should have a familiarity with the data variable and definitions for most of the VQI registries.
- Requires 8-10 hours, per week.
What you own
- Work with the SVS PSO’s Medical Director and staff to oversee the development of key clinical outcomes measures and reports to sites.
- Provide scientific and clinical insights into the development of the analytics (risk models and life tables) and outcome reports.
- Work with registry committees to ensure that the key outcomes measures for each registry are defined and included in reports to members.
- Work with SVS PSO Medical Director, Senior Director and Director of Clinical Operations in registry audits and evaluation of data integrity.
- Act as clinical lead in providing scientific and clinical guidance to determining the need for revisions to existing registries and the potential for the development of new registries.
- Assist in the harmonization and standardization of definitions between registries.
- Provide scientific and clinical insights into the development of the data collection and forms design.
- Assist the SVS PSO Director of Clinical Operations and M2S in addressing complex clinical questions from customers.
- Participate in Committee and Council meetings, as needed.
- Assist Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested, please email your resume to HRResumes@vascularsociety.org