Mentors For Quality FIT Program
The SVS VQI Quality Fellowship in Training (FIT) program is for individuals completing their medical residencies or fellowships in any vascular disease focused specialty (vascular surgery, cardiology, radiology or vascular medicine).
The purpose of the 12- to 18-month program, to be offered starting in January, 2022, is fostering an understanding of quality processes and metrics among vascular residents and fellows (‘trainees’) through mentorship in the VQI, in collaboration with the Association of Program Directors in Vascular Surgery (APDVS), American College of Cardiology, and Society for Vascular Medicine.
FIT applicants will work closely with their VQI mentor on participation in regional biannual meetings and review of comparative data including center level quality improvement processes
FIT Program Mentor Resources
- Candidate Goals and Objectives
- 2021 VQI Annual Report
- FIT Program Trainee and Mentor Data Use Policy
- Past, Present and Future Jens Vision
- PSO PSES Document
- Why Should I Join VQI?
- Top 10 VQI Pubications (selected by SVS PSO Medical Directors)
- Quality FIT Program Announcement
- Quality FIT Program Slides
- Quality FIT Program Presentation by Dr. Gary Lemmon
- Mentor Survey Link (please complete if you are interested in becoming a mentor)