Trainees for Quality FIT Program
The Quality Fellowship in Training (FIT) program is designed to introduce residents and fellows in vascular programs to our patient safety organization (VQI/PSO). Using a mentor-directed approach, FIT applicants will work closely with their VQI mentor on participation in regional biannual meetings and review of comparative data including center level quality improvement processes. Opportunities include engagement in quality charter development, center level QI process and research initiatives using VQI data reviewed by VQI research advisory committee (RAC).
The 12–18-month program encourages FIT participants to develop quality charters and improvement projects including research using VQI data for presentation at our national VQI@VAM meetings. Five participants will be eligible for a scholarship award, of up to $10,000, named in honor of Jack L Cronenwett, the co-founder of VQI.
FIT applicants will work closely with their VQI mentor on participation in regional biannual meetings and review of comparative data including center level quality improvement processes
FIT Program Trainee Resources
- Candidate Goals and Objectives
- 2021 VQI Annual Report
- FIT Program Trainee and Mentor Data Use Policy
- Past, Present and Future Jens Vision
- PSO PSES Document
- Why Should I Join VQI?
- Top 10 VQI Pubications (selected by SVS PSO Medical Directors)
- Quality FIT Program Announcement
- Quality FIT Program Slides
- Quality FIT Program Presentation by Dr. Gary Lemmon
- Trainee Application Sample Application