The Virginias Vascular Study Group
FALL MEETING 2018 – Minutes
The Fall 2018 Meeting will took place on Sunday, October 28th at The Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs, WV.
Please see Fall Minutes here.
Past Virginia Vascular Study Group Meeting Minutes
Get started [/su_column]
Getting started is simple
You are five minutes away from the first step in participation. The below information will show you how you can get started without any large investments.
- Start with only one procedure
- Start with only one physician
- Spread out data entry tasks to reduce workflow impact
- Enjoy the benefits of participation in Regional Quality Groups
Choose your procedures
The best practices we recommend are to start collecting data for one or two procedure types, and for a limited number of physicians.
- Lower up front cost
- Provides a gradual approach to training
- Allows you to refine your workflow at an easier pace
- Your colleagues and staff will be much better prepared after getting used to the data entry process with a lower procedure volume.
Once your workflow is refined and everyone is familiar with the system, you can add your other procedure types and physicians as desired.
Attend a webinar
You can learn a lot about participation in the VQI from this website, but attending a webinar is highly recommended.
- See a live demo of the VQI cloud-based registry
- Ask questions at any time specific to your organization
- Learn about the final steps involved in participation
- Get resources to help you present the VQI in your organization
Webinars are held regularly. You can also request a private demonstration webinar, which can be great resource to bring to a meeting, or for a one-on-one session.
Identify your workflow
A best practice for creating a workflow for entering procedure data into the VQI is to spread the tasks out among the various points of patient care.
- Requires the least amount of time
- Provides the greatest accuracy
We can recommend other workflows which may fit well into your organization’s existing processes. You can also save up to an additional 40% of total data entry time by utilizing the M2S Simple Data Integration service, which pre-populates patient data from your existing systems.
Attending one of our webinars is a great way to learn more about all of these workflow options, and more.